Sunday, February 21, 2010

The treasure of words.

My mom and dad sent me a birthday card (that arrived ON my birthday…. :) yay!) that made me grasp my heart with my hand. Even though the poem on the card is written by someone else, I consider it a hidden treasure that my parents searched for and found specifically for me! :) I love it so much. They underlined the words that I have highlighted in pink below.

Thanks Mom and Dad for the treasure of the words you gifted me with on my birthday. I love you both so much!

“If”

If you can value truth above approval,
and friendship over beauty, wealth, or fame,
If you can share your gifts and talents wisely,
leaving someone better off than when you came,
If you find happiness in simple pleasures,
and see the rainbow, not the falling rain,
If you have faith to keep right on believing in miracles that no one can explain,
If you look until you see the good in others and keep your spirit honest, true, and free,
Then you’ll be, not just happy and successful, but the woman only you were meant to be.

-Emily Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment