Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sick on the couch.

Sigh.......I don't really know why I haven't been blogging recently. I have SO much I want to write about. Writing is so therapeutic for me too, so it's a little bewildering as to why I've almost been avoiding it. Don't know.

I've been a little under the weather today, with a gnarly head cold. Blah! The pressure between my nose and eyes makes me sneeze like crazy.....or at least makes me feel like I'm going to sneeze all the time. Ah-choo!

I still plan on blogging my thoughts on the last couple episodes of the OCD project, and I definitely want to share my thoughts on the International OCD Foundation convention my mom and I went to in DC. Oh, and I started doing yoga......have tons of things to share about that. :) And then there are all the "normal" day things that I've worked through, laughed through, cried through, and shrugged off with a "hmm."

I'm still alive, just haven't been lively on my blog lately.....or facebook, or email, or phone calls..... eeek!

Oh, and I have a super, super awesome story.....or follow up.....to my church post. Sooo fun!!


8 comments:

  1. Was wondering where you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, already... now you've got us all guessing. get writing!! (and/or calling, emailing, texting...) you're such a tease! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that I think you're awesome! I've been watching the OCD Project online, where they severely botch the episodes, I don't think it's even fully what is played on TV and it's super annoying. But you've been my favorite this whole time and I've been rooting for you. I totally agree with what you've said here, that this program was just too fast and ridiculous for you and I'm so glad that you decided to get the help you need. Even though they edited the crap out of all of your bits and it may frustrate you, I just wanted you to know that every single episode, and mostly the parts that you were in, just touched my heart so deeply. There wasn't a single episode that I didn't cry. So I guess I just wanted you to know that even if the show didn't come out exactly like what happened, it is still affecting at least some people in a positive way. I really look forward to following your blog and seeing how you're doing! Again, I'm so happy for you that you found a good program!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. watched the rest of the series through today. wow. i think you were the only one on that show with actual OCD. i was cheering and bitching the whole with some of the nasty crap they put you through! OCD or not, a lot of that just isn't sanitary. keep up the great work though and gets to bloggin! 1-2-1-2-3-4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut,

    While I identify most closely with Kristen's manifestation of OCD, the others definitely had different forms of OCD. Arine's was closest to Kristen's in that she also had contamination issues, but Arine also constantly checked that she didn't run over somebody with her car -- her obsession with hurting others is something she had in common with Jerry. Yet Jerry and Kevin were similar in that they were afraid their bad thoughts could cause harm in reality. Traci was a classic counter/tapper, yet she also avoided bad thoughts. Cody obsessed over perfectionism. But OCD can morph over time so that a washer becomes a checker or a checker becomes a counter/tapper.

    Do you remember the former OCD sufferer Liz on the show? She has an OCD foundation. Their website explains the different forms of OCD: http://www.peaceofmind.com/symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say you are an inspiration to me !... I hope you are feeling better... and that everything is going alright for you right now !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been too long since we last heard from you - I hope you are back to feeling better. I'm dying to read your comments about the last OCD Project episodes and the OCD Convention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we really miss you!! Please update us on what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete