Monday, December 21, 2009

A Weekend in Wisconsin


I didn't write anything over the weekend because my mom and really good friend, Tracie, came to visit me!!! It was perfect!! I was so happy to spend time with two people I love. Some high lights of their visit were.....

- Going to the Jelly Belly factory! Sooo much fun but ate ourselves sick with candy.
- Going to Starbucks twice in one weekend!!
- Reminiscing about memories.
- Talking, talking, and more talking.
- Hugs.
- Listening to my mom pray.
- Looking at pictures.
- Ordering the-most-delicious-chocolate-pizza-hut-dessert-ever up to the hotel room.
- Skyping in for Jessie's bachelorette party for a couple minutes.....oh you silly girls! :)
- All you can eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast.....but I was full after the first serving. Lame!
- Just spending time with my mom and Tracie..... :)

Seeing them leave on Sunday morning was hard.

As usual, I have a lot of thoughts I'd like to express out, but I still have some homework I need to do and today seemed to never "get started" the way that I wanted or needed it to. I felt as though my mind was alert, but that my body wouldn't follow suit. My body felt like an anchor. Tomorrow is a new day.

Thanks, Mom and Tracie, for coming to visit!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. What fun!! I'm so glad that your time together was full of happiness and goodness. Sounds like there was lots of food and drink involved - that's always a good thing! ;-) (upset tummy...not so good) Looking forward to making more happy memories with you, too!!!! Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your encouragement and support, Deena! Can't wait to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the photos! You look beautiful...duh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that was like instantaneously sending it to you and it's up :) I hope the pictures brought a smile to your face. I know today and tomorrow are and will be difficult for you. Remember that Jesus is working through you in miraculous ways. Tomorrow is indeed a new day!!

    Sunshine and rainbows
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete